Saturday, June 12, 2021

Chalk it up!

 Finally a finish! Chalk it up!!  Designed by Lucie Heaton and was featured at The World of Cross Stitching magazine, issued February 2021. My very first stitching on black. I can say it was quite challenging working on black and think i am not going to use this kind of colour though it looks great if i say so myself...this finish piece! 

Weather's been summery these days and restrictions open up a bit like eating in and out doors are allowed, Lots are coming to the island for vacation or to unwind... we then decided to get out of the island last weekend. 
The room we stayed looking unto the harbour, i just love it. I think and hope to go back there again next time as i love the place sorrounding it too...
....catching up with one of my colleagues over a drinks and a bites.
And lunch out with my daughter. I am out of insperations to prepare for foodies lately.
Hope everyone's having a lovely weekend.





5 comments:

Shami Immanuel said...

Beautiful finish. Cross stitching in black is a stressful one. I have abondoned two projects in black. Nice photos.

Pamela said...

Chalk it up looks great! Well done!

Akila said...

Love the finish! I saw a similar pattern in just cross stitch as well recently.
Enjoy your vacation.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for your chalkboard finish. I love stitching on dark colours, the colours really pop.

Carol said...

Oh, I love this piece on the black, Mylene! It looks wonderful and i hope you try stitching on black again--maybe something a bit smaller would be easier. Congratulations on your finish. Looks like you're enjoying your summer with family and friends--enjoy! ♥

February ornament..

...finished just right on time. This is my very first into a round ornament. I am so glad it turned out well, though honestly it was quite d...