Tuesday, August 31, 2021

A couple more ornaments

Small designs are easier to pick up to work on especially on busy days at work and other commitments. These are my recent finishes.
I am not looking forward to stitching using the gold effects thread, not my favorite but think i have too.
Started a couple of Autumn designs too.
Living so close together here on the island due to the pandemic we haven't visited each other for more than a year. Glad we are all vaccinated and are allowed to mingle. We've sure miss those dinner dates, chatting and laughter.
Had babysit one evening for this little cutie while his parent's out to dine🥰
Lots of restaurants are lacking of staff, many students getting back to school also where my children's working place this summer. I offered to help out when i can during my off days. Love the location of the restaurant, at the harbour. Last week was gloomy weather but still pretty busy.
My daughter just had her last working day last weekend after working 6days a week for these two months. She's back to school..her brother will follow middle of September.
It's the last day of August..days just passes by so quickly....

5 comments:

Pamela said...

Very sweet ornaments and small stitching. I stitched that autumn biscornu! https://hokkaidokudasai.blogspot.com/2012/08/next-lesson-biscornu.html I gave it as a gift and now I want to make another.

Katrina said...

Lovely ornament stitching in this post and the one before, they are all great. Have a really good week

DUSTY said...

Lovely stitching and finishing Mylene, I love seeing your family gatherings. Stay safe !!

Carol said...

These are all so cute, Mylene! I don't enjoy working with the gold thread either--it frays so easily. Good luck! I hope you enjoy working the extra hours at the restaurant. It will be nice to have more money for cross stitching supplies--ha ha! Take care now and I hope your son and daughter have successful school years ahead!

Akila said...

Beautiful ornaments. I hate working with gold thread too.. they are so difficult to handle

Easter ornaments & cards

These are the ornaments & cards I've made and sent/gifts to friends. Posted to the U.S & Canada almost three weeks before Easter...