Thursday, December 03, 2009

Russian doll pinkeep!

I've sent out a few christmas ornaments recently and the last that went out was being the first that arrived safely as i heard from Olga last night. That was pretty quick to the U.S.it took only 5 days. When i received the magazine last month and saw this design i've thought of Olga, so stitched it right away to be in time for x'mas. I am really happy to hear it got to you safely.

((you can click on all pictures to enlarge if you want))

Christmas Greetings pinkeep
Cross Stitch Crazy Magazine, issue Dec.2009
Designed by: Rhona Norrie
25ct evenweave
DMC Threads


Can't resist so i made a start on this lovely design which i've posted a picture on my last post. This one also is featured at the same magazine from above picture finish. Maybe... i can finish it for this year...! I have to set it aside though for now as i want to stitch an ornament for this month, the last for this SAL Christmas ornaments! And need to stitch a piece for a RR but i am still looking for the right design. Her theme is birdhouses.

My neck/shoulder feels a lot better these last days, so when i went for the threapy early this week, she decided that'll be the last. I had to drive Dh back to the ship yesterday and i did felt bit of pain on my upper shoulder during driving and when cleaning the windows too. I think i have to take it slowly but i am really glad it is healing very well.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog especially to those who take the time to leave me a comment. I do appreciate them so much.

27 comments:

Amarins said...

Mylene wat heb je weer een prachtige pinkeep gemaakt, hij is werkelijk super! Ook je kerstprojectje wordt al heel mooi. Veel plezier bij het verder borduren.
Groetjes,
Amarins

Annie said...

The pinkeep is adorable. Love the way you did the ribbon on top. And that is a perfect design for Olga, indeed.

Just be careful with that shoulder and I'm sure it will get better and better. These things always take more time than we would like.

Shari said...

oh my!!!!!!!! The pinkeep is ADORABLE!!!!! You did a fantastic job on it Mylene!
I am glad to hear your neck/shoulder are feeling better. Don't over do it!!!

Meari said...

What a cute pinkeep! Love the Russian dolls :)

Loraine said...

Hi Mylene,

What a darling ornament. I'm so excited to get mine. I have the perfect spot for it.
So sorry to hear your husband is gone again. That is a really hard trial to endure. Just know how much we respect and love you both for your sacrifices for freedom.
Take Care. Hope your shoulder heals soon!

Ellen said...

Another lovely pinkeep! I just love the way you finished the pinkeep. Glad to know that your shoulder/neck is feeling better. Take it ease!

Hugs,

Carol said...

So glad to hear that your shoulder is feeling better, Mylene! And your pinkeep is so bright and colorful--I'm sure Olga will love it!

Edit said...

The pinkeep is really nice and your WIP also!

Glad that your neck/shoulder is better.

CindyMae said...

Love the pinkeep, great work on it!! Wonderful WIP as well. I do pray that your neck/shoulder gets better soon!

Christine said...

Glad your shoulder is getting better.
The Russian Doll pinkeep is really pretty

Brigitte said...

A very nice ornament for Olga.
Hopefully your shoulder will soon be pain free. But be careful when doing household chores. I found out that cleaning windows is the worst for my shoulder.

saras said...

Ooh! I love that pinkeep. Wonder if i can find that pattern?!

Jan said...

as always , your stitching and finishing is beautiful. Take it easy with that shoulder !

Debra said...

That is so cute! Congrats on your finish pinkeep. So glad you are feeling better.

Carmen said...

beautiful pinkeep Mylene, i hope your shoulder will be better, take care.

Julie said...

Lovely russian doll pinkeep, i'm pleased to read your shoulder is improving . Nice new start too.

Tama said...

That is really cute!!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun piece & finished so nicely. Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Margaret said...

What a gorgeous pinkeep for Olga. Pretty new Christmas piece you are working on Mylene.

So happy to read that your shoulder is improving.

Yes we are returning to our home in the US at the end of the year.

Merry Christmas and a Happy 2010.

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Mylene
Your pin keep is beautiful. I am glad to hear your shoulder is feeling better. Try to take it easy, if you can, to let it heal fully.
Hope you are having a lovely Saturday.
Lindsay
x

Michelle said...

The pinkeep is beautiful and the finishing is perfect! I love Russian dolls and this trio is so cute :)

I am so glad to hear that your shoulder is feeling a lot better!

BeckySC said...

Mylene, I LOVE the design you started! It will be a treasure when you are finished :)

The pinkeep is beautiful too :)

Thanks SO much for the Christmas card-it means so much to me :)
(((hugs to you )))

Olga said...

Dear Mylene,
Thank you very much for this wonderful surprise! I love my new dolls, they are so pretty and lovely; and your finish is just perfect!
Hugs,
Olga

Sharon said...

What a great pinkeep! Love it.

Maureen said...

glad to hear your shoulder is improving, and that the physio seems to have worked. It certainly is not much fun..

Karan said...

Great exchange piece. Am so glad you couldn't resist starting the Christmas piece, as it's lovely - will enjoy watching it develop. Glad to hear your neck/shoulder is feeling much better - don't overdo things though! :0)

glenda said...

I LOVE this!

An old WIP, a new start ..& very proud

...parents here❤️. Our youngest Chris had got his Bachelor of Medical sciences last week. He is now doing internship for the coming years. H...