Tuesday, February 27, 2024

January ornament..

My first ornament for this year..stitched it just after arriving from the Philippines. Love the design, it is from the JCS magazine 2024.
Weather was been very cold recently here..and rainy. Last weekend I was off so despite of the cold winds I went out snowdrops spotting and oh so such beauties these tiny  flowers.
Apart from the snowdrops lots of crocuses appeared too in the woods and along the roads.
Second of February my kids came for a visit to the island..I had worked till 4pm but still glad to manage to prepare a meal for dinner. Love to prepare meals if my kids are joining us.🥰
Well...days passing by so quickly, a couple more days then February is over. Tomorrow is my last day of the Hotel/Restaurant I've worked for 7 years...wasn't my Intention to quite but due to a couple of incident happened with the New Management I thought best to get out....
Hope everyone having a good week.

5 comments:

Katrina said...

Hi Mylene, what a lovely choice for your first ornament of the year, it's lovely. Your family dinner looked delicious. All the best to you for 2024.

Pamela said...

Your ornament is very pretty!

Carol said...

I love the ornament, Mylene! So glad you were able to visit family in the Philippines. The snowdrops and your cooking both look wonderful. I hope you find a new job quickly (if you are looking for one). New management is often difficult to deal with if you've been a long-time employee. It sounds like you made the right decision to leave. ♥

Jackie's Stitches said...

Such a beautiful finish Mylene! You're so good about FFO'ing right away!

So sorry things at work haven't been good. Smart to get out but such a shame you have to do that to find peace after being there 7 years. I hope you find something that is a good fit if you're looking.

You food photos always show what a fabulous cook you are!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely ornament and such beautiful Spring bulbs. I love the snowdrops as they are the first sign that Spring is coming!
Sorry to hear about the job but the peace of mind will be worth it!

April ornament...Tulips..

Can't believe it's nearly end of April..the days just passes by very quickly..I am just on time again for the monthly ornaments😊 An...