Sunday, April 15, 2007

Feeling homesick!

First of all, Thanks so much for all the best wishes for DH's birthday and easter. DH's birthday was very busy but enjoyable(erg gezellig!). We counted about 30 people who came, most came in the afternoon though, haven't have enough sits for all, i and a couple of friends were constantly at the kitchen for drinks and snacks. I was really glad i've prepared the dishes for dinner and just warm it up and some snacks. Evening went well too, the last guest went home at around 3:30PM!!
My back felt better, just have to get used to all the activities here especially at work. I've been going for a long walk the last days too either alone or with a friend. Yesterday evening with Dh and Chris, we've walked i think about 6km, oh Chris was with his bike. And earlier tonight only 3km with Dh and Chris. Grace slept over with one of her friends just came home tonight.

Haven't done much sticthing or quilting this week. I don't know, just not in the mood at all. I do feel HOMESICK!! Been calling home almost everyday, i think our phone bill will be so high this month!!!

Last night, i decided to stitch and have a finished at once and these Christmas patterns were the one ready at hand. I think i will make them into cards.







Finished this one tonight, but not sure yet what am i going to do with it, either into a card or...?????

Will be working these coming days but hope to get back to my quilt blocks by thursday!

6 comments:

Dawn T. said...

The kittens are adorable!!

Margaret said...

I can well imagine how difficult it must be missing your family - always harder when you've been with them again. Hang in there Mylene!!
Cute stitching and such happy topics.

mainely stitching said...

I also call home nearly daily - TeleTwo has been a real lifesaver for me! My phonebills are about 10% of what they were (no kidding). I think when you're really homesick it's a lot better to call and do what you need to keep your balance - otherwise it's too easy to get depressed about it. I really do sympathize - I've been battling it for years. Feel free to email me if you want to talk about it.

I'm glad your DH's birthday was so fun! As for that utterly adorable kitty you stitched, I know for sure that lots of charity organizations would love to get it!

veronique said...

hoi mylene
heel logisch dat je heimwee hebt hoor.. zou ik ook hebben in je plaats... en gelukkig bestaan er dan idd telefoons, maar ja, die rekeningen hé..Lol

je hebt al weer leuke werkjes gemaakt

Anonymous said...

Hi Mylene, I don't know why I didn't think to visit your blog sooner. What a wonderful family you have, and it's really great to put a face to your name! I am thankful I live in the same city as my parents. It must be very difficult to live hundreds or thousands of miles away.I enjoyed reading about your trip. Come visit mine some time.

Elizabeth Braun said...

My dh gets homesick-ish sometimes too. Still, we go to Germany quite a bit, it being so near, but I know he'd prefer to live there not in the UK. Then *I'd* be battling serious homesickness problems!!=( He copes better than I would, so I think things are better as they are.

Easter ornaments & cards

These are the ornaments & cards I've made and sent/gifts to friends. Posted to the U.S & Canada almost three weeks before Easter...